Mornings are my favorite.
No matter what time I need to be at work, I wake up early enough to sip a freshly brewed cup of coffee and read through my blog feed.
I read so many interesting posts that I’ve started sharing my favorite ones on my Facebook page each day. These posts give me recipe ideas, make me laugh, and introduce me to new ideas. I hope that sharing these posts spreads the joy they bring me.
Here are a few of my favorite pieces from the past couple weeks:
- Having never even stepped food on a farm that raises animals, I learned a lot about “The Worstbest Part of Raising Turkeys” from On the Banks of Squaw Creek. It looks like a farm visit may be in my future so I am excited.
- I know I complain when things don’t go as planned regarding our newfound home ownership, but I was take aback by Danelle’s A Tale of Woe & Poop Part I and Part II from her blog My Total Perspective Vortex. Her septic tank misadventure had me sitting on the edge of my seat.
- Learn how to make those special Japanese omelets called tamagos and the happiest Italian almond Valentine cake from My Name is Yeh. Bet you’ll want to run out to find marzipan so you can make those little hearts, too.
- Totally made these Sticky Chicken Thighs the same day I saw them on Chowtimes. They were easy to prepare and so tasty we didn’t have any leftovers.
- Jenni of Sincerely Jenni makes me laugh more than any other blogger. She writes about everything from her experience as a foster parent to her thoughts on her favorite television shows. What really had me giggling were her posts about her strange driving instructor, that thing known as the dreaded workout fart, and the most comprehensive guide ever to taking a #2 at work.
- I think all of the posts on Julie’s Lone Prairie Art blog are interesting, so it’s hard to pick one or two. “How I Kept My Blog Small, With Low Page Views, For Over 10 Years,” resonated with me and “Having A Membership Rewards Card Is Not Awesome,” made me go hmmmm.
- Julie posted a link toThe Exorcism of Latoya Ammons on Twitter which is a news story, not a blog post. It’s a strange and disturbing account and I’m not sure what to make of it. Warning: Don’t read if you can’t handle the movie The Exorcist.
- I was a reluctant Pioneer Woman fan. But yea, I totally DVR her show. She’s such a tease. When she kicked off her new season a few weekends ago, she prepared Peach-Whiskey Barbecue Chicken with lots of fresh peaches. Like we can get those around here in February. My local blogger friend Debbie created her own crock pot version that I’ll have to try.
- Anna embarks on her first vegan dining adventure in Chicago.
- Beth blew my mind in her post in which she shares her thoughts upon learning about a Swiss company that transforms cremated remains into. . . diamonds.
I’ll leave you with these ten. There are many more, so you’ll have to stop by my Facebook page for my daily finds. Can you suggest any blogs I should add to my reading list?