Last night I opened some bourbon and got really mad about people not believing in science.
Then I made some angry tuna salad.
Tuna salad’s the best recipe to make when you’re stressed because there is really no wrong way to make it. This is just my latest incarnation. Who knows what the other tuna salad feelings taste like?
Add plenty of chopped vegetables to stretch out the tuna and whatever else you might have.
- Tuna, drained
- Cabbage, finely chopped
- Carrot, cut into sticks and thinly sliced.
- Onion, finely chopped, enough to add some flavor.
- Pickle, finely chopped. Use whatever you’ve got.
- Olive oil, a good drizzle or two
- Balsamic vinegar, a glug or two, to taste (can also use lemon juice or another vinegar).
- Dijon mustard, a dollap
- Mayo, just enough to coat
- Salt and pepper
- Old Bay. Just when you think you added enough, add more. (To taste, of course)
- Small pinch of sugar to round out the flavor or some chopped dried fruit like raisins or craisins.
- Drain tuna and place in a bowl.
- Add the vegetables.
- Drizzle in some olive oil and splash (or two) of balsamic vinegar.
- Add dollap of mustard and just enough mayo to hold everything together.
- Add seasonings, to taste.